shipping across The Netherlands
free shipping from €50
RECIPE: GRILLED AUBERGINE WITH JARA SALSA PICANTE
Posted on January 30 2022
- 2 tbsp JARA Salsa Picante
- 1 aubergine
- 2 tbsp tahini (or ricotta cheese)
- 100 gr couscous (or tabbouleh)
- 100 gr water
- 1 white onion
- 1 garlic glove
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- edible flowers (not mandatory)
- Cooking pan
INSTRUCTIONS:- Slice the aubergine in half and cut a grid on the inside to make sure the aubergine cooks equally, and marinate with a thin layer of JARA Salsa Picante. Place them in the oven, inside upwards, at 180C for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime chop the onion, the garlic clove and the parsley for your couscous (or tabbouleh) and put aside.
- Boil the water, add the oil and salt to the water so the couscous is nice and flavored already. After adding the couscous you put a lid on the pan and let it boil for 3-4 mins. Switch off the fire, let the couscous cool down and mix with the onion mix that you chopped before.
- Mix the tahini with the lemon juice with a fork until it makes a paste and then add some more water and continue mixing, it will become a wonderful sauce.
- For plating put a nice portion of tahini sauce on the bottom, add the roasted marinated aubergine and then finish with the couscous, some extra dots of JARA Salsa Picante and some edible flower.